Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Watercolor Class Part 1

 Sorry about the delay between posts! Took a small, spontaneous trip while I had the opportunity. Regardless, I'd like to post some of my work from my recent water color class. It's not terribly interesting stuff. It was more about technique than anything. I guess I'll start with a couple still-life pieces I did.  The scanner doesn't quite represent them as they are, but it will do I suppose.  If you'd like to view any of them in larger size you can find them in the photobar at the top of my blog.



This is your pretty standard fruit/vegetable still life sort of thing.  It was our first real project after wading through all the basic color theory at the beginning of the class.








 This isn't really a still life.  This is actually a master study.  I don't have a link to the reference because my professor didn't actually tell us whose it was.  If the colors seem off, I was working from an enlarged black and white print off and only saw the colored image a couple of times.









This was the last still life piece we did in which we were allowed to set up the content and composition.  I honestly wish I'd had a little more time to work on it but the class was very fast paced.











Over all I'm satisfied considering I had little experience with the medium so far.  Perhaps I wouldn't have chosen this exact content, but it was a great exploration and I learned a lot in the class that I will carry into my other art.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment